To join on-line meeting, go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/616994397.
call in (669) 224-3319, Access Code: 616-994-397.
17. March 13, Monday, 11 am PST
Presenter: Jerry Richards
Title: Delay Discounting phenotype in HS rats.
16. January 9, Monday, 11 am PST
Presenter: Abraham Palmer
15. December 12, Monday, 11 am PST
Presenter: Yu-Yu Ren, Palmer Lab
14. October 10, Monday, 11 am PST
Presenter: Hao Chen Lab
13. June 22, Wed, 10 am PST
Presenter: Tony George (Graduate student and Research Technician, Richards Lab)
Article: Neidl R et al. Late-life environmental enrichment induces acetylation events and NFkB-dependent regulation in the hippocampus of aged rats showing improved plasticity and learning. J Neurosci 2016.
12. May 23, Monday, 12 pm PST
Presenter: Greg Loney (Meyer Lab)
11. April 25, Monday, 9 am PST
Presenter: Alex Gileta (graduate student, Palmer lab)
Article: Dickson PE, Miller MM, Calton MA, Bubier JA, Cook MN, Goldowitz D, Chesler EJ, Mittleman G. Systems genetics of intravenous cocaine self-administration in the BXD recombinant inbred mouse panel. Psychopharmacology. 2015. PMID: 26581503.
10. March 11, Friday, 10 am PST
Dr. Terry Robinson will discuss the animal models of addiction as studying addiction-related traits rather than “addiction”. Terry will discuss behavioral pharmacology related to animal models of addiction. He will explain why, in his view, most of what is going on in the field may be leading us astray – and will present a promising model which his lab develops.
- How fast and how often: The pharmacokinetics of drug use are decisive in addiction. llain F, Minogianis EA, Roberts DC, Samaha AN. Neurosci Biobehav Rev.
2015 Review. PMID: 26116543
- The motivation to self-administer is increased after a history of spiking brain levels of cocaine. Zimmer BA, Oleson EB, Roberts DC. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012 PMID: 22453139
9. January 29, Friday, 10 am PST
Presenter: Ignacio (Nacho) Rivero-Covelo (Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Flagel lab)
Article: Prenatal stress-induced alterations in major physiological systems correlate with gut microbiota composition in adulthood. Golubeva AV, Crampton S, Desbonnet L, Edge D, O’Sullivan O, Lomasney KW, Zhdanov AV, Crispie F, Moloney RD, Borre YE, Cotter PD, Hyland NP, O’Halloran KD, Dinan TG, O’Keeffe GW, Cryan JF. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2015 PMID: 26135201
2015 Journal Club
8. November 30, Mon, 12 pm CST
Presenter: Jordan Tripi (2nd year MS student)
7. May 28, Thur, 1 pm CST
Presenter: Dr. Jerry Richards
6. April 23, Thur, 1 pm CST
Presenter: Dr. Wenyan Han (Chen Lab)
5. March 18, Wed, 1 pm CST
Presenter: Natalia Gonzales (graduate student, Palmer Lab)
4. February 17, Tue, 10 AM CST
Presenter: Dr. Aram Parsegian (postdoc, Flagel Lab)
3. “January” – February 3, Tue, 12 pm CST.
Presenter: Chris King (graduate student, Meyer Lab)
Article: Kumar V, Kim K, Joseph C, Kourrich S, Yoo SH, Huang HC, Vitaterna MH, PardoManuel de Villena F, Churchill G, Bonci A, Takahashi JS. C57BL/6N mutation in Cytoplasmic FMRP interacting protein 2 (Cyfip2) regulates cocaine response. Science 342: 1508-1512. 2013
2014 Journal Club
2. December 15, 2014:
Presenter: Dr. Tengfei Wei (postdoc, Chen Lab)
1. November 10, 2014:
Presenter: Alex Gileta (graduate student, Palmer Lab)
Article: Baud et al 2013 – HS Rats