The Genetics and Epigenetics Cross Cutting Research Team of the National Institute on Drug Abuse invites you to submit an abstract for the December 1-2, 2016 NIDA Genetics Consortium meeting at NIDA headquarters, 6001 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850. The format for this NGC meeting will be mostly posters. Please submit and forward this email to interested parties.
The goals of the meeting are to
- showcase the exciting work that is being done in this research area,
- encourage collaboration among investigators with different expertise in genetics and epigenetics,
- encourage collaboration between investigators working on the genetics and epigenetics of substance abuse disorders and HIV/AIDS investigators , and
- identify new research opportunities in the genetics and epigenetics of substance use disorders.
- provide attendees with an opportunity to meet with NIDA program directors to discuss their ideas for grant applications and funding opportunities.
The number of poster presentations to be selected by NIDA staff will be limited to 100. A few of the submitted abstracts will be selected for oral presentation and a number of investigators submitting abstracts will also be asked to serve panel discussants for the posters. The presentations should be focused on the genetics and epigenetics of substance abuse in either humans or in model systems. Investigators working on HIV/AIDS and substance abuse are also encouraged to submit posters. Postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, junior and senior faculty are encouraged to participate. The deadline for submission of abstracts is October 15, 2016. Decisions on acceptance of poster presentations will be made on a rolling basis.
There is no registration fee to attend this meeting, however attendees are responsible for their own travel, meals, and lodging.
December 1, 2016
9:00AM Key note speaker TBA
9:30 AM First 25 poster presentations
12:00 PM Panel discussion of poster presentations
12:30 PM Lunch on your own
1:30 PM Three short oral presentations TBA
2:00 PM Second 25 poster presentations
4:30 PM Panel discussion of poster presentations
5:00 PM Short oral presentations TBA
5: 30 PM Adjourn
December 2, 2016
9:00 AM Second Keynote speaker
9:30AM Third 25 poster session
12:00 PM Panel discussion
12:30 PM Lunch on your own
1:30 PM three short oral presentations TBA
2:00 PM Fourth 25 poster session
4:30 PM Panel discussion
4:30 PM Adjourn
Submit abstracts to
Jonathan D. Pollock, Ph.D.
Genetics, Epigenetics, and Developmental Neuroscience Branch
Division of Neuroscience and Behavior
National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIH
6001 Executive Blvd, Rm. 4267
Bethesda, MD 20892